Postdoctoral Researcher (Full-time, Nontenured)
*Contract is on a year-to-year basis.
*Contract is renewable until March 31 in each year.
*Renewal/nonrenewal of the contract will be judged by researcher's progress and performance at work by the end of the previous contract.
A Ph.D degree in related fields.
*Theoretical research experience on quantum chemistry.
*Good oral and written communication skills in Japanese or English.
*Ability to carry out independent research and collaborate with other researchers in the group.
JST-CREST “Creation of Innovative Functions of Intelligent Materials on the Basis of the Element Strategy”
“Theoretical Design of Materials with Innovative Functions based on Relativistic Electronic Theory”
Relativistic effects are essential for theoretically treating heavy elements such as rare metals. In this project, we will establish the relativistic quantum chemical methodology as a theoretical foundation. What follows, we will apply the method to catalytic activities, electromagnetic properties, electronic materials, biological photofunctions, and functional polymers, in order to clarify the characters of elements that play the primary roles and to design materials possessing innovative functions.
(1) Curriculum Vitae (including photo and E-mail)
(2) Publication list
(3) List of five selected publications (together with their PDF, if possible)
(4) Summary of your researches and future prospects
(5) Names and contact addresses of two (or more) references
(6) Your full contact address including e-mail address
(7) Possible starting date
Prof. Hiromi NAKAI
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, School of Advanced Science and Engineering, Waseda University